Garage door repair is not as common as fixing any equipment around your home. Just like any mechanical instruments, they have the tendency to malfunction if not properly maintained.
It is important to note here that garage doors are dependable equipment when it concerns to functionality and malfunctioning. For an example, extreme climate conditions may hamper with its strength to function properly. In this article, I will focus on common garage door problems and their solutions in order to better assist you. Remember that garage door is complex equipment so, it is always best to have a certified and reputed garage door technician work on the serious garage door problems. Click here to get more information about garage doors.
- Fixing garage door tracks: if your garage door jumps and jolts during its opening and closing operations then the metal tracks cloud be responsible for the problem. It is most common garage door repair task for any type of garage door. Inspect the metal tracks thoroughly from both sides to find out damages and dents. Simply grab a hammer to straighten out the dented area.
- Alignment of metal tracks: Chances are there that the tracks are not aligned properly causing the garage door to go off the tracks. Garage door tracks should be aligned correctly for the smooth operations of garage door. If they are not, simply loosen the screws and bolts and gently tap them into their right position. Test the alignment of tracks to ensure that they are balanced now and then tighten the screws back in.
- Reduce the squeaky sounds: Aside from the regular clattering of garage door, any audible issue should be addressed quickly. Squeaky sound is a common problem of garage door that is heard while opening and closing. It could be a sign of poor lubrication. You should apply any good quality lubricant material like, WD-40 to the rollers and metal tracks. Allow it to be set for a few minutes and then operate the garage door to let the oil spread nicely across the tracks.
- Malfunctioning of garage door opener: The garage door opener is used to control the entire mechanical system of garage door. The first important thing to do is to check that the opener is getting sufficient power. Modern garage door systems come with backup power system. Make sure it also functioning well. In case the problem still persists, you just need to reprogram the opener, follow the instructions mentioned in the manual for this purpose. If the problem does not solve, then your opener is internally damaged which need to be replaced.
- Remote control failure: It is a simplest problem which you can handle easily on your own. You just need to replace the batteries. There are chances that the remote control may have dead batteries. If the issue still persists, then consult local garage door technicians. They have right abilities to either fix it or buy a new one.
There are few common garage door repair tasks that you can easily perform without the assistance of any professional. As mentioned earlier, always seek expert advice of skilled technicians. They have right expertise to provide you all the answers, you are looking for.